Friday, October 16, 2009

Have You Ever Looked Back and Wondered How You Got Over?

Sing some of the lyrics with me!
Chorus:
How I got over,
how I got over,
my soul looks back and wonders
how I got over.

Verse 1:
Soon as I can see Jesus (oh yes),
the Man that made me free (oh yes),
the Man that bled and suffered (oh yes),
and died for you and me (oh yes).

I thank Him because He taught me (oh yes),
I thank Him because He brought me (oh yes),
I thank Him because He kept me (oh yes),
thank Him ‘cause He never left me (oh yes).

Thank Him for the Holy Bible (oh yes),
thank Him for good ole revival (oh yes),
thank Him for heavenly vision (oh yes),
thank Him for old time religion (oh yes).

Bridge:
I'm gonna to sing (hallelujah)
You know I'm gonna shout (troubles over);
well I thank Him for all He's done for me.

We all go through trials and tribulations, but once that particular trial is done do you ever look back and wonder how you go through it? Well it's through God's grace and mercy, that we were able to get over that hump in the road of life. I am ever thankful to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for all that He has done for me and how far He has brought me. If you are feeling down about the situation you are in, then pray that God will grant you the strength to overcome it. We may not see it while we are in the trial, but the trials indeed make us stronger, and our goal is to have learned important lesson(s) from them.

Philipians 3:14(NKJV) -I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Jesus Christ.

We need to press on even in our darkest hour, and continue to give God incessant praise. What a joy it will be to look back and wonder how you got over, and be able to SHOUT your troubles are gone.

I recently purchased Vickie Winan's newly released CD "How I Got Over." I love listening to the title soundtrack. Vickie's music has always been an inspiration to me and I just wanted to share the video of "How I Got Over."




I hope you enjoyed the video. I am going to leave you with part of the last verse of the song.

Coming from the north, south,
east, and west, (oh yes),
on the way to the land of the rest (oh yes).
I'm gonna join the heavenly choir (oh yes),
gonna sing and never get tired (oh yes).




Remember your prize!

Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment